Ensure your smile will shine on with tooth-healthy foods. Although many foods are just another obstacle that stands in the way of optimum oral health, did you know that there are some foods that have been shown to enhance your oral health? Listed below are some helpful foods and tips for your oral health with the pleasing benefits they can offer to your smile:
– Do not eat snacks between meals, as it can increase your risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
– Foods with a high acidity, such as tomatoes or citrus fruits, can cause your teeth to be extra sensitive or at risk for tooth decay.
– Two major minerals found in foods and drinks that can benefit your smile are calcium and phosphorus. Foods high in the minerals include chicken, cheeses, milk, and nuts.
– Our body’s natural defense creates a product that is a known cavity blocker, called saliva. In order to help increase saliva flow, chewing sugarless gum can help.
– Additional help keeping your mouth clean after meals is important, so consider adding foods to your diet that have a high water content and are crunchy. This includes foods such as pears and apples.
If you want to experience the joys of a tooth restoration at Roger Anderson DDS, simply call us at 303-232-6205 to schedule an appointment at our dentist office in Lakewood, Colorado. Dr. Roger Anderson and our team look forward to restoring your smile.