In order to make sure your smile remains safe for the rest of your life, always check the necessary steps to continue taking care of your teeth as you age. This includes always making sure you are doing everything you can to improve your oral health through any means necessary. Your eating habits, your cleaning routines and your lifestyle choices all play a significant role in your oral health. Here are some tips to help you get started:
– Always make time for your dentist for routine checkups and professional examinations. For further help cleaning your smile, schedule a professional cleaning every 6 months.
– Always be sure to floss every single day using a strong and sturdy interdental cleaning tool such as dental floss or a water flosser. Additionally, brush twice daily as well. Always use effective tools and upgrade as necessary. For easier to operate tools, consider electric toothbrushes and water flossers.
– Avoid unhealthy products that can slowly chip, crack or wear away your teeth, including hard snacks and sweets.
– You can help care for your smile as you age by improving your diet and removing hazardous substances known for contributing to dental erosion and tooth decay.
– Exercise caution with medications that can produce dry mouth, which is a known risk factor for dental damage.
– Stick to tools that are non-abrasive and will not be overly rough on your tooth enamel.
If you are interested in aging dental health treatments at our dentist office in Lakewood, Colorado, call us at 303-232-6205. Dr. Roger Anderson and our team want to craft the perfect smile of your dreams.